Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Perfect Model

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately...

Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for us. As an earthly human, I imagine he made bonds with his disciples that would never be broken. He loved them dearly. They were as much a part of his life as breathing. They were with him daily...and when they weren't together, they were in his heart and on his mind. When Jesus was about to be sacrificed, he asked for the cup to pass from him, but then followed that up with, "Father, not my will but Thine." In no way, shape, form, or fashion do I want to put words into the mouth of Jesus, or add to/take away from God's word, but I can imagine with my human brain what that must have felt like...to leave those he loved BECAUSE HE LOVED THEM. He sacrificed himself, his own wants, his own wishes, his own desires, because he loved us. He knew it was what he had to do for us to have hope of eternal life, of one day seeing him again. I am so thankful for the sacrifice He made and the model he set for us. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices. If He can make that sacrifice for me, the ultimate sacrifice, then I should be able to put Him first and make my own sacrifices, no matter how difficult or painful they may be.

2 comments:

Kim said...

"Sometimes we have to make sacrifices. If He can make that sacrifice for me, the ultimate sacrifice, then I should be able to put Him first and make my own sacrifices, no matter how difficult or painful they may be."

Amen girl! I love you oh so very much and pray for your strength and comfort in everything this life might throw at you. <3

Jennifer said...

I love you, too!